Optical fiber technician is responsible for maintaining uptime and quality of the network segment (both optical media & equipment) assigned to him by undertaking periodic preventive maintenance activities and ensuring effective fault management in case of fault occurrence. He is also required to coordinate activities for installation and commissioning of Optical Fibre Cable (OFC) as per the route plan.
- Acquaint self with facets of trenching, laying, jointing and blowing of cables by: authenticating and confirming cable drum is placed near site, cable marking is as per guideline, trenching is according to the route plan
- Comprehend inspecting criteria of route plan, clearance, schedule and patrolling by: acquiring route plans, their clearance and check for safety of the site for cable installation
- Identify importance of fault maintenance, maintenance of POPs and Repairs to OFC by: compliance to enterprise policy, coordinate with NOC and carry out planned maintenance.
- Aggregate potential knowledge and skill to vouchsafe the importance of health and safety by: safeguard compliance of safety regulations, personal protection and environmental conditions.
- Comprehend and initiate the importance of report and record by: ensuring cable id, cable markings, drum numbers, OTDR findings are Documented for future reference.
For Self Paced learning
For Instructor Led learning
Supplementary course material (Videos embedded in the course)
- Roles and responsibility of optical fiber Technician
- Installation & Commissioning of Optical fiber cables (OFC)
- Conditional Maintenance & Planned Repair Activities
- Corrective Maintenance & Optical Fault Restoration
- Optical Fiber Health and Safety
- Soft Skills
Duration : 4 hrs
Course Fee: 499 INR
Those who have already paid or enrolled for the course need not to pay
Industry Job roles
- Fiber Optic Technician
- Fiber Engineer
- Cable technician Optical Fiber